California Earthquake Insurance
At Su Casa Valley Insurance, we can protect your California property with earthquake coverage. We realize that earthquake insurance is necessary in California, so we will shop multiple companies to find the policy best suited to your needs.
Owning a home in California, it is important to protect your property from any damage that may occur as a result of an earthquake. Damage from an earthquake can result in thousands of dollars in damage & most homeowners policies don't cover earthquake damage. At Su Casa Valley Insurance, we can find the right combination of coverage and price.
Coverages for earthquake insurance in California
- Home coverage - covering damage to your home
- Living expense - if your home is considered unlivable after a quake
- Personal property - if your possessions are damaged in the event of an earthquake
- And more...
Let one of our California earthquake specialists shop our many earthquake insurance companies to find you the right policy - just fill out our short quote form or call us at (559) 328-5999, and we'll contact you shortly.
On Shaky Ground: Why Earthquake Insurance is a Necessity
- According to the California Department of Conservation, every year the state gets two or three earthquakes that can cause damage to structures - classified at level 5.5 or above.
- Also according to the Department of Conservation, the state of California has over 200 fault lines that could potentially cause an earthquake.
- The deadliest earthquake in American history took place in 1906 in San Francisco, causing over 3,000 deaths.
- According to experts, there is a 99.7 percent chance that an extremely powerful earthquake will strike California within the next 30 years.
- The next big earthquake to strike California could cause over $100 billion in losses.
- Home coverage, which covers the potential damage to your home
- Living expenses, which covers the cost of living if a home is considered "unlivable" after an earthquake
- Personal property, which can replace the cost of damaged possessions if and when an earthquake hits
- Other options for coverage
California Earthquake Insurance Covers More Than You Might Realize
Each year the Southern California area has about 10,000 earthquakes. Most of them are so small that they are not felt. Only several hundred are greater than magnitude 3.0, and only about 15-20 are greater than magnitude 4.0. If there is a large earthquake, however, the aftershock sequence will produce many more earthquakes of all magnitudes for many months.